This Avocado and Grapefruit Salad is one of my favorite winter salads. The ingredients are all on sale this time of year and it’s a great salad for holiday meals – the right colors, easy to make and packed full of flavors. It’s also good because it’s full of Vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants – which is good to combat the sniffles that always seem to come around in December!
Trust me on this one. If you think the ingredients seem a little strange together – try it at least once. I was apprehensive at first, but I’m now in love.
- 1 or 2 Grapefruits (more if you want a larger salad)
- 1 or 2 avocados (more if you want a larger salad)
- slivers of red onion (optional)
- Spinach or Iceberg lettuce
- 1 can tomato soup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup oil (I use ½ cup and think it’s enough, your call)
- ½ cup vinegar (I like a apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 dashes Worcestershire
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Peel skin of grapefruits and dice up inside fruit. Remove all the skin and fibrous pieces.
- Dice up avocado
- Thinly slice red onion (optional)
- Put it all together to make your salad. Enjoy.
I’d LOVE to hear what you think!
(Thanks, Linda B. of Battle Ground!)