This Cheesy Potato casserole recipe is sooo easy to make and relatively inexpensive. My mother-in-law makes this and brings it to family events and it’s kid-friendly and enjoyed by adults. And it’s a total comfort food.
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen hash browns (cubed)
- 2 cans condensed Cream of Potato soup (undiluted) - I used Cream of Chicken, because it’s what I had on hand. I think any cream soup will work.
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese - If you can, I recommend using Tillamook cheddar cheese.
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp garlic salt (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the soup, sour cream and garlic salt. Add hash browns, cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Put mixture into a 13in x 9in x 2in dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 55-60 minutes, uncovered.
What’s your favorite comfort food to make?