Corn on the cob is just coming into season and with sales we’ll be getting it for a quarter or less! This recipe is a great way to make a hearty salad for not a lot of cash! You’ll grill the corn to give it a smoky flavor – mix it up with some avocado, tomatoes, olives and beans and it’s a flavorful salad that’s easy to make.
- 3 corn on the cobs, grilled
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted, diced
- 2 tomatos, we used On the Vine tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup kalamata olives, diced
- ¼ white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Grill corn on the cob. Then cut corn off of cob. We used a fancy tool that I had from my Pampered Chef days that is an actual Corn Cob Kernel Cutter (say that three times fast) but I think a knife will work just as easily.
- In a small bowl whisk up the wine vinegar, olive oil, cumin and paprika.
- Lightly toss all the ingredients together. The avocados will get mushy – but don’t sweat it, they will still taste good! I think this would be extra special with some bacon sprinkled on top. You could also eat this like a salsa!
This salad is best eaten the day of – because the avocados and tomatos probably won’t sit well overnight in the fridge. The smoky flavor of the corn, with the smooth avocado and the saltiness of the olives makes for a yummy salad. Hope you like it!
Recipe adapted from Bobby Flay’s Crunchy Avocado salad
What’s your favorite summer recipe? Let us know – we’d love to try it out!