With strawberries coming into season here in the Northwest this is an inexpensive, easy-to-make, relatively healthy dessert – Grilled strawberries with balsamic vinegar. Served with homemade whip cream – it’s divine!
- 8 whole strawberries, hulled and left whole
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (you could use Splenda or brown sugar if you like)
- Wood skewers – you can soak in water if you want, but they aren’t on the grill very long
- Optional garnishes – toasted almonds, mint, basil, chocolate chips
- Preheat grill to high.
- In a bowl, coat strawberries with balsamic vinegar and sugar.
- Skewer strawberries down the middle.
- Grill on high for one to two minutes, until warm. Don’t grill too long, they’ll get mushy.
- Serve with homemade whip cream and garnishes of your choice.
Recipe adapted from Grilled Strawberries Ala Mode recipe
What is your favorite fruit to grill?