This cookie recipe is so easy and you probably already have all the ingredients on hand. And we should be seeing cake mix on sale for under $1 soon! This recipe was sent in by reader Judy D as one of her holiday favorites and I can see why!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix - Any flavor will do, Judy has tried white and yellow cake mixes and they also work great
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Variations: ½ cup chopped nuts, ¼ cup coconut flakes, ¼ cup Heath chips. We had M&M candy in our Halloween stash, so that’s what we used.
- Combine cake mix, oil and eggs in large bowl. Stir in morsels (or whatever you want).
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- After they cool, you can frost or put zig zag of melted chocolate across the top or leave plain.
My son and husband made these cookies. It didn’t take long at all to whip them up and my son definitely approves.
What your favorite type of cookie to bake during the holidays?