Once you have homemade whip cream you’ll likely never go back to the whipped cream in a can or tub. A couple nights ago Mr. Q Bee made homemade whip cream with vanilla and a dash of cinnamon – which we subsequently put on grilled strawberries.
- 1 cup, heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat. . .
- Everyone wants to eat it!
- Or just whip it. . .whip it good!
- Now the directions for real . . .Put heavy whipping cream in a large mixing bowl. Using a whisk attachment or mixer, beat the cream until it forms small mountains or as the experts say – “soft peaks”.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Keeping beating until you have “stiff peaks.”
Serve with any number of things – grilled strawberries, cake, ice cream, espressos or just lick it from the bowl.
Recipe credit: Giada’s Hazelnut and Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Cream
What’s your favorite variation of homemade whipped cream?