It’s the 3 o’clock hour for me. . . .when I hit a wall. When I think I’m hungry but dinner isn’t far along. When I need a pick-me-up to get me through to dinner time. Well here’s a smoothie recipe that will do just that.
Have you seen International Delight’s new light Iced Coffee? It’s available in both Vanilla and Mocha, is only 100 calories per serving, and is great poured right into a glass of ice. Or if you’re looking for something a little more filling, make this protein-packed Iced Coffee Smoothie with banana and oatmeal. I think it’s like having an oatmeal, banana cookie . . .in a glass with a little caffeine for good measure.
- ⅓ cup quick cook oatmeal
- ⅓ cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 bananas, ripe (and preferably frozen, but if not, no biggie)
- 1 cup International Delight Light Iced Coffee – Vanilla or Mocha, you pick
- 2 cups of ice
- Put quick cook oatmeal into blender first. Pulse until it’s a fine dust. I don’t mind the texture of little oatmeal grits, but if this idea grosses you out you can either cook the oats with some hot water ahead of time or leave them out.
- Once oatmeal is nice and powdery, add all other ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and enjoy! Makes enough for two large glasses. Put one in a jar with a lid for breakfast in the morning!
If you’re into protein powders – I bet you could substitute protein powder for the oatmeal, as well.
With less calories and less sugar, International Delight Light Iced Coffee lets you enjoy MORE of what you love! For more fun ways to break up your day, visit ID’s new online games today for a chance to win sweet prizes and coupons to use on your next purchase!
This is a sponsored post.
What snack do you like in the afternoon – that time when you’ve already had lunch, but dinner is hours away?