I’ve seen a lot of pumpkin flavored french toast recipes. Most call for pumpkin puree. But this recipe. . . it trumps them all because you get the pumpkin flavor without the extra hassle of canned puree.
This Pumpkin Spice French Toast recipe uses International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer in place of the milk or cream. The creamer gives it the perfect pumpkin pie flavor (not over-the-top) and it could not get easier to make. And I love the way the creamer creates a caramelized effect on the bread – it really is perfect for this.
And for those of you who are lactose-intolerant using International Delight creamers for recipes in replace of the milk is a great option!
- Bread, thick cut
- 1 Cup International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer (also available in sugar free)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl whisk together your eggs, creamer, nutmeg and ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat a griddle or skillet and add non-stick spray or butter.
- Pour batter into a low edged bowl, big enough for a slice of bread. Soak bread in egg mixture. Flip to soak from the other side.
- Place slice of bread into pre-heated skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot with maple syrup, fresh fruit, powdered sugar or whatever you prefer. I think it tastes good enough to eat plain!
What’s your favorite way to make French toast?