I’m kind of a quinoa addict. If you’ve been following my recipes, you probably already know this. This Quinoa Avocado Spinach Salad with lemon and chickpeas is yet another version of a quinoa salad – this one is full of protein with garbanzo beans, avocado and the quinoa itself (did you know quinoa is high in protein? It is!).
- 1-2 cups cooked quinoa (cook your quinoa in the rice cooker!) - Costco is a great place to buy quinoa.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of spinach, washed and dried
- 1 bunch of cilantro, washed and chopped finely
- ¼ cup of red onion, diced very small
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- Juice of two lemons
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (I used honey)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take your cooked quinoa and add all your ingredients to it.
- Whisk together your dressing in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Pour over quinoa and and other ingredients. Toss until it’s evenly coated!
I use a lot of fresh lemon juice in my recipes, I have something similar to this Progressive International Lemon Squeezer (Amazon).
Do you have a favorite soup or salad?
Source: This recipe is from Diva Dish