I love the colors and flavors of this Roasted Carrot and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad. You have the spicy arugula, the tart goat cheese, the sweet flavor of the roasted carrots and the sourness of the balsamic vinegar. You could substitute spinach for the arugula, if you’d like.
- Roasted carrots with balsamic vinegar (click for recipe)
- Goat cheese. I buy mine at Costco, the Kirkland brand.
- Arugula. Buy it pre-cut, washed in bags at most grocery stores (Trader Joe’s is a great deal!)
- Slivered almonds (you can toast these if you want to get fancy) – or I bet toasted pine nuts would be amazing.
- Optional – Grilled chicken breasts.
- Optional – Thyme Roasted Croutons (click for recipe)
- Spread out a nice bed of arugula onto a plate or in a bowl
- Layer with your roasted carrots – warm or cool, you’re choice
- Add your goat cheese – I just tear it apart with my fingers and sprinkle over top
- Add craisins and almonds
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil (not much)
- Salt and pepper to taste
This recipe was inspired by this Roasted Carrot Arugula salad from Patty’s Food.
What creative ingredients do you like to include in your salad?