Do you ever buy carrots at Costco? And then about three- to four-weeks later the bag seems like it’s regenerating itself because you just can’t get to the bottom of it, no matter how many carrots you eat? Don’t despair. Just roast ’em. Roast ’em like this and next time you go to Costco you’ll pick up TWO bags. If you turn orange from eating too many carrots, don’t blame me. You’ve been warned.
- Carrots. Lots of them. If they are bigger carrots, quarter them. I peeled mine, but they would probably taste great either way.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large bowl, throw in your carrots (sliced if they are bigger carrots) and add olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Spread out on cooking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle balsamic vinegar over the top of your carrots
- Put back in the oven for 10 minutes until balsamic vinegar is absorbed. They get caramelized and full of flavor.
You could try this recipe on the grill. I would have done that – but we are out of propane, doh! So. . .the oven it was and lucky for us the weather has cooled off enough that roasting these in July in the house, wasn’t an issue.
AND if you like this recipe, you MUST try this: roasted root vegetables with balsamic vinegar recipe.
I had a few peppers, so I tossed those into the mix too. Next time I’ll just stick to the carrots and keep my peppers in my couscous.
What’s your favorite way to eat carrots?