This Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup is very, very easy and super hearty. You can serve it with tortilla chips or this delicious homemade cornbread recipe I posted yesterday. The liquid cooks down and it become very chunky (which I like) so if you like a runnier soup add more chicken broth.
- 4 chicken breasts (I used frozen chicken breasts)
- Two (2) 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Two (2) 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 Cup salsa
- 1 4 oz can of green chilies
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 Cup of frozen corn
- One (1) 15 oz can of chicken broth
- Plus tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese in slow cooker (a six-quart slow cooker works best).
- Cook on low for 8 hours (since I used frozen chicken breasts I cooked mine on high).
- Before serving, remove chicken, shred and return to slow cooker. Serve over crushed tortilla chips and add shredded cheese to taste.
Do you have a variation on Tortilla Soup? We’d love to hear your suggestions!