Rice is an inexpensive ingredient that can really stretch the number of servings you can get from a batch of tacos, burritos or fajitas. And making spanish rice in your rice cooker could not get any easier! I love that it doesn’t have a lot of sodium and MSG like a many of the boxed varieties do. Once you see how easy it is and how delicious it tastes, I think you’ll have a difficult time going back to the boxed brands.
And it’s so flexible – we had this rice with a little shredded cheese and sour cream wrapped in a tortilla for lunch today!
- 1½ cups uncooked white rice (any long grain will work, I used Basmati)
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes - You can buy this at various spice levels
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Optional: You could probably throw in a 4 oz can of chili peppers. I haven’t tried this.
- Toss everything into rice cooker. Give it a good stir. Close the rice cooker lid. Press the cook button and walk away until it’s done. Usually takes about 30 minutes.
- Fluff rice and give it a good stir before serving
It’s that easy! I hope you love this Spanish Rice recipe as much as we do.