Cupcakes. Everyone loves them, right? Add some salted caramel and chocolate to the mix and you really can’t go wrong. Thanks to International Delight Salted Caramel Mocha creamer I was able to whip up a quick batch of cupcakes – with lots of flavor. Then made some homemade buttercream frosting and some homemade caramel sauce (which, by the way, is easier to make then you think!!!). The whole thing came together beautifully and I think this recipe would be perfect to serve at any holiday gathering!
- Chocolate cake mix - I used Super Moist Chocolate Fudge
- 1¼ Cups International Delight Salted Caramel Mocha creamer - Basically I substituted this delicious creamer for the water in the cake mix directions, check your cake mix to see exactly how much liquid should be added
- ½ Cup Vegetable oil - Per the cake mix
- 3 eggs - Per the cake mix
- Basically you’re going to make your cupcakes based on the cake mix instructions, but instead of water or milk, you will use International Salted Caramel Mocha creamer!
- Follow instructions on your cake mix for exact baking times. I baked my cupcakes for 18 minutes at 350 degrees until a a toothpick came out clean from the middle.
- 3 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons whipping cream
- In your mixer, using the whisk attachment, mix together your sugar and softened butter. Mix on low speed until it’s all mixed together, then increase to medium and beat for another three minutes.
- Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium for about a minute, until it’s the consistency you like!
- 1 Cup brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- a pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanillla extract
- Mix brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes until it gets thicker
- Add vanilla and cook another minute to cook further.
- Turn off the heat, cool slightly and pour the sauce into a jar. Refrigerate until cold.
- Drizzle over your cupcakes!
Professional cupcake decorator I am not. But with these cupcakes, I’m not sure anyone really cares just how perfect they look, since they taste so good. I think these will be a hit at any holiday gathering, what do you think?
Did you know you can use International Delight in replace of milk or water in most recipes? This is especially great for those of you who have dairy allergies!
This recipe is proudly sponsored by International Delight! As a valued partner of International Delight I am compensated for posts such as these. All content, photos, opinions and recipe ideas are solely mine. I’ll be posting a recipe every Friday in November as a way to #DelightInTheSeason